Friday, September 27, 2013

Genealogy Fosters Global Friendships

I made a "virtual" friend several years ago on a Formula One racing forum. We got to know each other better on Facebook. I knew he lived in Scotland and was a fabulous photographer. I asked him if he would travel to Dalserf, Lanark, Scotland, to photograph the area where my great great grandparents, James Muir and Margaret Semple lived, met, married, worked and had their children before emigrating to the U.S.

Here are just some of the awesome photographs, my friend Andrew Scrogie, sent me:









To see all of Andrew's photographs of Dalserf, visit my Tangled Roots and Trees Facebook album. If you live in Scotland and need a photographer, contact Andrew. I highly recommend his work and his communicativeness.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Great pictures! James Muir is my 4th great uncle. His father, Robert Muir, is my 4th great grandfather. I appreciate these photos as well.

    ReplyDelete