Friday, November 1, 2013

Fun with Family Tree Maker: Most Popular Male Names

I finally broke down and bought Family Tree Maker. I fought it for a long, long time because I didn't want to have to mess with synching my tree. Plus, I've worked for Internet companies and designed websites for over 20 years. I'm just plain used to the web.

But my tree on Ancestry.com was getting larger by the day and I couldn't find many things I wanted to find any more. So I broke down and purchased a personal computer software application. A few weekends ago, I was playing with the filters and creating custom reports.

The results of my experiments? The most popular male names in my family tree between 1841-1940:



Earth shattering, it certainly isn't but it was educational...for me, anyway. I learned a lot about Family Tree Maker.

No comments:

Post a Comment