During the past year, these posts have been the most popular:
- Family Values -- 16 Sep 2013: About my great great uncle's brother-in-law, William Rolfe Kelley and his partner, Dinah Rush, a former slave.
- Guest Blog: What's in a Name? -- 8 Jan 2014: About how naming your children after ancestors can occasionally go awry.
- Trip Around the World: New York to Egypt -- 6 Sep 2013: About my aunt's family's trip to British East Africa in 1920.
- Polio -- The Summer Scourge -- 9 Jul 2013: We always thought my paternal grandfather contracted polio as young child and that's why one leg was shorter than the other. However, his half brother claimed that was caused by measles on the application to commit my grandfather to an orphanage.
- Honoring a Union Ancestor on Labor Day -- 2 Sep 2013: About my sister-in-law's grand uncle, president of United Rubber Workers of America Local #45.
- A Surprise in My Inbox: Ternes Family Photograph -- 5 Sep 2013: About how I received a photograph about which Edith Mary Madeline (Ternes) Reynolds described in a voice recording she sent to another relative interested in genealogy.
- Norman Baker -- Quack, Killer and All Around Scum -- 8 Feb 2013: About the Baker cancer hospital in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Jonathan Hiller's wife died there in 1938.
- Dicken's Bleak House Is about My Family -- 25 Feb 2013: Discovering the Jarndyce v Jarndyce case in Bleak House is about the Jennings inheritance "frenzy."
- It's Ternes Time…Again -- 31 Jul 2013: About why Christian Ternes went to Panama and his life and death in that country.
- Trip Around the World: Egypt to Kenya -- 9 Sep 2013: About my aunt's family's trip to British East Africa in 1920.
Your Family Tree magazine, December 2013, Issue 136
I hope you've enjoyed reading some of the posts as much as I've enjoyed researching and writing them. Roll on year two!