Saturday, September 27, 2014

One Lovely Blog Award

Fran Ellsworth, author of the wonderful blog, Branching Out Through the Years, chose me for the One Lovely Blog award. Thank you! Fran introduced me to Worldwide Genealogy -- A Genealogical Collaboration, where I contribute one post a month on the 25th day. It's been a great experience where I've learned how to do proper genealogical research in many other countries from my fellow participants.



The rules for this award are as follows:
  1. Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
  2. Share seven things about yourself
  3. Nominate 15 you admire (or as many as you can think of)
  4. Contact your bloggers and let them know you've tagged them for the One Lovely Blog award.
So here goes. Seven things about myself:
  1. While I have dabbled in genealogical research for many years, I took over from my Dad in 2012 and have become totally obsessed. 
  2. My blog began as away to tell Mom and Dad about my research discoveries.
  3. I have been a history buff for as long as I can remember and have learned that genealogy is the perfect blend of the history I've always loved with a way to honor my parents and grandparents.
  4. I can remember trivial factoids about almost anything, but am completely oblivious to almost all popular culture icons.
  5. I love renovating and remodeling homes and am currently living in a home that's been under renovation for about three years.
  6. My husband and I have started serious discussions about retiring...the problem is where.
  7. Writing my blog posts is much easier with a glass of wine! ;)
As for the 15 bloggers I admire, well, there are so many -- most of whom have already received this award. I've received a lot of support from my fellow members of the Genealogy Bloggers Facebook group, especially when I was struggling to continue writing my blog. But I'm going to bend the rules a bit and tag everyone who contributes to the Worldwide Genealogy -- A Genealogical Collaboration project. What I like most about reading this blog is the participants are from all over the world and they've introduced me to many tools I now use in my research or to stay organized.

9/29 Update: I was also nominated by Bernita Allen, author of the blog, Voices Inside My Head. Thank you, Bernita!

10/4 Update: I was nominated again by ScotSue, author of the blog Family History Fun. Thank you, Sue!

No comments:

Post a Comment