Friday, July 25, 2014

Lives of the First World War Website (Worldwide Genealogy Collaboration)

The Imperial War Museum (IWM), in partnership with DC Thomson Family History, has launched a new website: Lives of the First World War https://livesofthefirstworldwar.org/

Lives of the First World War home page

The IWM is a British museum founded in 1917 with the aim of recording the civil and military war effort and sacrifice of Britain and its empire during World War I. As part of the museum’s centennial commemoration of the war, the new website was launched.  The objective is to create a permanent digital memorial of the 8 million people who participated in the war effort by crowd-sourcing the data gathering and recording of information about individual soldiers.


_______________
You may read my occasional posts about my ancestor soldiers who fought in World War I as well as my civilian ancestors whose lives were impacted by the war here.

No comments:

Post a Comment