Friday, November 11, 2016

Honor Roll Project Success!

In 2015 I retired and began traveling more often with my husband on his business travels. I also began participating in the Honor Roll Project developed and maintained by Heather Wilkinson Rojo, author of Nutfield Genealogy. The objective of the project is to photograph and transcribe the names on honor roll memorials across the globe, thereby making those names available to Internet search engines and available to future family historians and genealogists.

During a trip to Albany, New York, in May of this year, I photographed honor roll memorials in several New York and western Massachusetts cities, towns, and counties. I would blog about each one with the photographs and transcribed names included. After publishing each post, I tweeted a link and informed Heather about the new post.

Soon after publishing the Otis, Massachusetts, World War II honor roll, I received this reply to my tweet:

Twitter notification; personal collection

Contributing to this project has been a rewarding experience and having someone find one of their ancestors on a memorial I transcribed even more rewarding. I hope you will consider contributing as well. Paying it forward while working at something we love -- family research -- what could be better?

Thank you to all the men and women who have served in our Nation's armed forces. I am truly thankful for your service.

_______________
My contributions to the Honor Roll Project.

No comments:

Post a Comment