Obituaries can be good sources of genealogical information, and Henry's obituary did that but also caused me to ask more questions.
Henry "Jack" Muir's obituary as published in the New Orleans Times-Picayune
The new information the obituary provided me:
- Henry's death date
- Henry's death state
- Names of Henry's children
- Last name of Henry's third wife, Eppie
- Who is Ellen Davis? None of the eight known children have Ellen as a first name.
- Who is Trudy? None of the eight known children have Trudy as a first name.
- Who are Alex and Carol Swafford? Henry had a son named Alexander, but why, if this is him, would he have Swafford as a last name?
- Is Sevan Eppie's maiden name or had she been married before ?
The idea for this post came from Geneabloggers.com.